Siena is a medieval city, located in the heart of Tuscany. In the following information, we suggest you the best solutions to reach Siena comfortably and easily and start this fantatic story called ERASMUS!
FROM TUSCANY AIRPORTS
From Pise Airport "Galileo Galilei":
- train: Trenitalia (there is an airport rail station, but you have to change the train in Pise Centrale and Empoli); by train the trip is 2h long;
- bus: Autostradale, Tiemme spa; by bus the trip is 2h15 long and it's a direct transfer.
- car sharing: Blablacar; by car the trip is 1h40 long.
From Florance Airport "Amerigo Vespucci":
- train: Trenitalia (most of raced are direct transfers); by train the trip is 1h30 long;
- bus: Tiemme spa; by bus the trip is 1h15 long if you chose "RAPIDA" race. You can buy the ticket at bus station;
- car sharing: Blablacar; by car the trip is 1h10 long.
To go from Florence airport to the centrer of city you can take the urban bus "Vola in bus" to go to Santa Maria Novella rail station or Busitalia bus station (both are in the same street).
FROM ROME AIRPORTS
From Rome Fiumicino Airport "Leonardo Da Vinci" to Siena:
- bus: Bus Shuttle; the trip is 3h15 long and it's a direct transfer.
From Rome Fiumicino Airport "Leonardo Da Vinci" to Rome center (Termini or Tiburtina station):
- train: Trenitalia (there is an airport rail station); the trip is 40 min long to reach both stations;
- bus: Terravision, Bus Shuttle; the trip is 50 min long (just Roma Termini);
From Rome Ciampino Airport to Rome Termini rail station:
- bus: Terravision, Bus Shuttle; the trip is 50 min long;
From Rome center to Siena:
- train from Rome Termini rail station: Trenitalia (you have to change the train in Chiusi-Chianciano Terme station); the trip is about 3h30 long;
- bus from Rome Tiburtina bus station (located in front of Tiburtina rail station): Sena Baltour, Flixbus; the trip is 2h45 long.